My Travel Partner: Lurgs, aka, Amy Lee!

My Travel Partner: Lurgs, aka, Amy Lee!
En route to hotel in Dorgali, Sardegna

2 Asian Sisters Roaming in Europe

Welcome to my Travel Blog...post vacay...with uploaded pics.!

On July 10, 2011, Amy & I boarded Air Transat to Rome, Italy where we would begin a month long journey through Sardinia and Northern Spain.

Throughout the blog, you'll find postings of my favourite moments, photos & some interesting and fun postings...Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Moments

Approaching the first grotto...



The moments were many on this trip & many of the moments were grand... BUT, one particular one that I want to share here is when we were in Alghero, Sardegna...we took a boat out for the day and headed to Capo Caccia, to swim, hit the beach & visit a couple of grottoes. We went into the first grotto & it was shining blue-green in the water. Light was able to sneak in through cracks/holes in the rocks which allowed for the water to naturally light up! The rock formation is supposed to be the profile of the Florentine poet, Dante Alighieri! It would be months later before I recognized the profile in my photos! Ha! I'm not sure if it was a combination of the chessy classical music they had on queque playing along w/ the sheer gorgeous sight but it was in that precise moment where I was completely enthralled in the beauty of that place...In those mere moments of the boat swaying madly to the left and right and making sure that I didn't fly off the boat trying to balance myself while snapping pictures, I was pleasantly graced by the perfect timing of the chessy music and the beauty of the grotto.

Grotto di Nettuno
Amazingly beautiful stalactites and stalagmites





The 656 steps leading down to the grotto! We took the boat...hee hee...

Alghero, Sardegna

No comments:

Post a Comment